The 2021 meeting of the American College of Radiology (ACR) will be held online from May 15-19, 2021. The meeting will offer continuing medical education (CME) for all attendees as well as guest speakers and a pre-conference Caucus Meeting.
Council business meetings will be held throughout the meeting and will include:
- Consideration of ACR Practice Parameters and Technical Standards
- Consideration of ACR Policy Resolutions and Bylaws Amendments
- Leadership Reports
- Council Elections
Talks at ACR
Lectures and talks will be given by various members of the ACR and distinguished fellows. Topic discussions include:
- Radiation Oncology: Establishing evidenced-based indications for proton beam therapy: Have we made any progress?
- Deciding What to Share in Shared Decision Making for Lung Cancer Screening
- VA Radiology: Innovation, Partnership and Opportunity
- Chapter Leaders Workshop
- Resident and Fellow Section
- Young & Early Career Professional Section
- Leading the Way to Health Equity (Part I)
- Moreton Lecture
- Leading the Way to Health Equity (Part II)
- Hot Topics in Imaging Economics
- ACR Military Radiology’s Battlelines: Field Hospitals, Cybersecurity and the Crusade for Women’s Health
Important Dates to Remember
On Saturday, May 15, from 4:30-5:00 pm, there will be a Meet the Candidates forum where attendees can virtually meet with candidates that are on the ballot for ACR leadership positions on the Board of Chancellors, Council Steering Committee and College Nominating Committee.
On Sunday, May 16, from 1:00-2:30 pm, the ACR will host it’s Opening Session, during which time, the following presentations will be given:
- Welcome & Speaker’s Report — Richard Duszak, Jr., MD, FACR
- Chair’s Report — Howard B. Fleishon, MD, MMM, FACR
- Treasurer’s Report — James V. Rawson, MD, FACR
- College Nominating Committee Report — Scott F. Cameron, MD
- Presidential Address — Geraldine B. McGinty, MD, MBA, FACR
From 2:30-5:30 pm, ACR elections will be held. Details about the election, candidate criteria, how to vote, and results can be found in the 2021 Election Manual. And from 4:30-5:30 pm, attendees can watch the Convocation of Fellows, Presentation of Honorary Fellowship and the Gold Medal and Distinguished Service Awards.
Some of the lectures and events on Monday, May 17, include:
- 10-11: ACR Military Radiology’s Battlelines: Field Hospitals, Cybersecurity and the Crusade for Women’s Health – 1 Credit Hour
- 12:30-1:30 pm: Moreton Lecture – 1 Credit Hour: Promoting Equity for Women in Radiology: An Evidence Based Approach
On Tuesday, May 18, attendees can expect:
- Leading the Way to Health Equity (Part II) – 1 Credit Hour from 10-11 am
- ACR Council Meeting – Formal Proceedings, Reference Committee Reports & Final Votes, Presiding — Richard Duszak, Jr., MD, FACR, Council Speaker from 3-4:30 pm
- RADPAC Virtual Gala with happy hour and a spy museum virtual tour from 8-9:45 pm
On the last day of the meeting, participants can attend Virtual Capitol Hill day, an opportunity to attend virtual appointments with congressional offices, which are scheduled by the Hill Day vendor.
To register for ACR 2021, can follow this link. It’s important to note that the meeting is free for all members and MITs.